Approximately 19% of Americans read religion and spirituality books, so this topic resonates with many people. But with so many offers on the market, how can you make your book stand out and attract readers? The answer lies in the right cover design.
Today we will share some tips on creating a marketable spirituality book cover. Let’s dive in.
How to create a spirituality book cover that sells?
The book cover design involves a specific color scheme, fonts, and imagery. The spirituality genre is no exception. Let’s take a closer look at each of these elements.
Color psychology is essential in spirituality book cover design. This genre is not entertaining or light, so these books have to set readers in the right mood and evoke certain emotions in advance. The target audience expects to receive answers to existential questions and experience enlightenment.
When we look through spirituality book covers, we notice several color trends:
- Green is often associated with spirituality and nature. It also is about harmony, peace, and depth.
- Yellow is the color of the sun, fire, and power. By using this golden hue, we can highlight the royalty of God and higher powers.
- White is a pure, clean color that evokes clarity and enlightenment. In the spirituality genre, it also means innocence of the soul.
- Blue is a calming color that can evoke feelings of peace. Moreover, we associate it with the sky and space.
- Purple is about spirituality and mysticism.
However, we can also see some really dark colors, for example, black, dark blue, and violet. It can be a good choice for books that delve into topics like death and rebirth, the shadow self, or the darker aspects of spirituality.
It’s not just colors that can affect the emotional state of readers. The right typography is also essential. After all, fans of this genre are unlikely to appreciate a playful font and letters with odd shapes when they want to read about the soul, God, and the meaning of life.
Here are some font options to consider:
- Serif fonts are also often associated with traditional and conservative values.
- Script fonts evoke a sense of spirituality and mysticism.
- Sans serif fonts can convey a sense of openness, honesty, and authenticity.
- Handwritten fonts create a personal connection with the reader.
Book cover design by Getcovers
When we hear the title and genre of a book, specific images and associations immediately arise in our minds. So when we look for a particular book, we expect to see the same pictures on the cover.
The spirituality genre also has its peculiarities regarding the choice of objects depicted on the cover:
- Nature images, such as landscapes, rivers, mountains, trees, flowers, birds, and other animals.
- Various spiritual symbols, for example, mandalas, chakras, or crosses.
- Religious attributes, such as candles, Bible, church, and angels.
- People or silhouettes, as this genre is closely connected with us.
However, spirituality book covers can be simple and typography-based and do not contain any specific image.
15 spirituality book covers
It’s time to get a dose of inspiration. So we’ve prepared 15 gorgeous examples of spirituality book cover design for you.
Dark color scheme
These colors are deep and seemingly gloomy. However, they evoke excitement and make you think about the consequences of your actions.
People or silhouettes
The depiction of people on spirituality covers gives readers a sense of additional closeness to the stories described in the book. Thus, the audience associates themselves with the lyrical hero.
Design by Getcovers
As we mentioned above, blue shades are about the sky and space. In addition, these colors also signify purity and fresh air and add depth and volume to books.
Design by Getcovers
Many spirituality book covers can’t do without symbols, especially as they are related to specific religions, rituals, traditions, and practices. After all, these symbols have existed for thousands of years and evoke strong associations in people.
Typography-based book covers
As we mentioned above, book cover design in this genre can be simple and minimalistic. This way, you can emphasize that content is more important than form.
Spirituality book cover design is based on three aspects. In particular, it involves using specific colors, such as green, white, blue, yellow, and even black.
The typography also has its own requirements. Use fonts associated with traditional values, honesty, and openness. Speaking of images, you can create a minimalist book cover or incorporate nature, people, or symbols into the design.
Have you already designed a spirituality book? Share your experience in the comments.
Access is denied.