The Company reserves the right to modify, alter, or add services at any time and without prior notice.
LICENSE AND PUBLISHING RIGHTS
1. The Company guarantees control over the privacy of your ideas, manuscript, and files. These materials won’t be shared or distributed to the third party unless it is the Client’s request.
2. The Company uses only licensed and royalty-free images and fonts in the projects. Additional fees may be applied in case if the client wants the photo from stock photo sources other than the Company uses.
3. The Client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by the Company through a third-party image provider for the book cover design.
4. GetCovers RETAINS copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials. When ordering from GetCovers, CLIENT is purchasing a STANDARD license that allows to:
- Sell an unlimited number of e-books and promote the book
- Use your print cover to sell up to 500k physical copies of books
5. For books with a run of over 500,000 units, the additional license has to be purchased by the client for each stock photo that has a major role in the cover design.
6. If the Client wants to use the cover design in any other way, other than ebook and paperback cover, ( to print on mugs or T-shirts, etc) , the Client is responsible for purchasing an Extended License.
7. If the Client wants to use the logo on the merchandise, the extended license should be purchased.
7. Images used for the client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs.
8. If the cover is used in a way that is not covered with the standard license, so it breaches the contract, it’s the CLIENT’S LIABILITY.
9. In the case of providing materials for the project, the Client is solely responsible for the validity of copyrights, trademarks, and ownership.
10. If the Client supplies the Company with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third party, the Client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into the project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the Client provides, the Client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
11. The Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Company and its employees from copyright and permission infringement actions caused by the materials the Client provides.
BOOK COVER DESIGN SERVICES
1. GetCovers takes pre-payment for all design services. The Company agrees to provide a 100% refund if the client is not satisfied with the result.
2. The fee for the book cover design includes the following:
- 100% money back guarantee
- Back and spine design (for standard and premium packages only)
- Print-ready book cover design (for standard and premium packages only)
- Source file (for premium package only) – flattened PSD file with separate editable text
- Unlimited number of revisions
- 3D mockup
- Document with license details about images and fonts that were used
3. The fee for the illustrated book cover design includes the following:
- Hand-drawn digital art in .pdf and .jpg formats
- Source file
- Licensed fonts
- First sketch in 5-7 days
- Free 3D model of the book
4. The fee for the logo design includes the following:
- Unlimited free revisions
- Source file (for standard and premium packages only)
- Transparent logo
- Branding guidelines (for premium package only)
- 3D mockup
5. No fee is charged if you need to change:
- The size of the cover
- The number of pages
- The text on the back cover
- The title or the subtitle
- The author’s name
- The author’s photo on the back cover
- The barcode
1. The Company uses PayPal as a payment processing service that gives an option to pay with a debit/ credit card.
2. The Company offers a 100% refund if the client is not satisfied with the result
3. Anything not written in the brief and subsequently requested can be additionally charged. In the design brief, the client is required to check the accuracy of the text that will be used as a part of the design.
4. If your book cover is more complex and requires extra Photoshop manipulations, the Company may require an additional fee that is discussed before proceeding to work.
1. Upon receipt of full payment, the Company grants the Client the standard license for the book cover
2. The Company retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
3. The Company retains the right to use the Client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in the portfolio and with a marketing purpose.
1. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions are included in this agreement, oral or written.
2. By contacting GetCovers, the client accepts the terms and conditions above, as all the other information provided on our website, without the need for a signed agreement. It is considered that the client accepts the above terms and conditions, as all the other information provided on our website when contacting GetCovers via our website or via e-mail address.
3. Modification of any provision of this agreement is invalid and is not enforceable unless it is confirmed in written and signed form by all parties by e-signature or on paper.
4. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be unenforceable or invalid shall not make other provisions unenforceable or invalid.